Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Shipment of RUTF:
Another shipping container of Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF) just left the port in Charleston, South Carolina and will be arriving in time to help hundreds of malnourished children in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). This is our 17th shipping container of RUTF that we have sent to 8 different African countries. Help support the purchase of our next 900 boxes of RUTF, donate today!
Shipping Vessel Name: MAERSK VISBY 0S28
- DR Congo is extremely rich in natural resources, but political instability, a lack of infrastructure and have expanded development, extraction and exploitation efforts.
- Most of the country’s 6.7 million hungry people live in five conflict-affected provinces in the east.
- 23% of children under the age of five and 14% of women are underweight.
- Almost half of the country’s children under 5 are stunted (short for their age).
- Three million children under five suffer from acute malnutrition here.
- More than half a million pregnant or breastfeeding women here suffer from acute malnutrition.
See some more facts about the DRC here!